Thursday 15 October 2015

Messing around with Terrain and lighting in Unity


This is completely and utterly irrelevant to the Cart game, I know. 

But I decided to carry on a little further with the Unity Developer's Course to get a bit of inspiration and see if I could get a few more ideas of how more efficiently to handle stuff like key and mouse inputs, amongst other things. 

So I started with the next section in the course.

I'm not sure what I expected, but it wasn't this incredibly useful, nay wonderful set of features in Unity - the terrain editor. 

The picture above took me only a couple of hours, and uses a couple of features: Lens flare on the sun, a bit of mucking around with the directional lighting and the utterly beautiful water generation doodad. 

And of course, the Terrain editor.

I wrote a quick blog on the Unity course page showing you how to use the terrain moulding features - why not check it out?

No comments:

Post a Comment